Architects and strategists can start looking ahead to the exciting new thing with
SQL in its name: MySQL 5.6, builds on the momentum of 5.5, and Oracle’s investment and commitment to MySQL, by delivering better performance and scalability. Trying to make the bridge between relationnal SQL and NoSQL movement.
This release focused on:
- Optimizer improvements for all-around query performance.
- InnoDB improvements for higher transactional throughput.
- New NoSQL-style
- Partitioning improvements for querying and managing huge tables.
- Replication improvements covering many aspects.
- Better performance monitoring by expanding the data available through the
MySQL 5.6.2 is available for download
What’s new in MySQL 5.6.2 is available here