Few figures about data generated through social media:
- People send more than 144.8 billion Email messages sent a day.
- People and brands on Twitter send more than 340 million tweets a day.
- People on Facebook share more than 684,000 bits of content a day.
- People upload 72 hours (259,200 seconds) of new video to YouTube a minute.
- Consumers spend $272,000 on Web shopping a day.
- Google receives over 2 million search queries a minute.
- Apple receives around 47,000 app downloads a minute.
- Brands receive more than 34,000 Facebook ‘likes’a minute.
- Tumblr blog owners publish 27,000 new posts a minute.
- Instagram photographers share 3,600 new photos a minute.
- Flickr photographers upload 3,125 new photos a minute.
- People perform over 2,000 Foursquare check-ins a minute.
- Individuals and organizations launch 571 new websites a minute.
- WordPress bloggers publish close to 350 new blog posts a minute.
- The Mobile Web receives 217 new participants a minute.
(The most updated numbers are available from the sites themselves.)