Neo4j 1.8 Realease Candidate 1 has been released, bringing performance and cypher improvements and a bunch of nice changes, as noted in the change log:
- Removed contention around allocating and moving persistence windows so that a thread won’t need to await another thread doing this refresh, instead just continue knowing that the windows will be optimally placed in a very near future.
- Removed contention around translating a key (as String) into the ID by using copy-on-write map instead of a concurrent hash map. Used in property key as well as relationship type translation.
- Fix for Node/Relationship#getPropertyValues() sometimes returning null values from the iterator.
- Upgraded Jackson JAXRS to version 1.9.7
- Keeping the Cypher execution engine between calls makes it possible to re-use execution plans
- added User-Agent header tracking to udc to determine rest-driver usage
- Removed the /../ literal for regular expressions. Now a normal string literal is used instead
- Concatenation handles types better
- Changed how the graph-matching module is used, to make it safe for concurrent use
- Better type error messages
- Renamed iterable to collection
- Fixed #795: so that WITH keeps parameters also for empty aggregation results
- Fixed #772: Creating nodes/relationships goes before SET, so SET can run on already created elements
- Added error when using != instead of <>
- Fixed #787: Issue when comparing array properties with literal collections
- Fixed #751: Better error message for some type errors
- Fixed #818: Problem where properties could only have scalar values (they can be arrays as well)
- Fixed #834: Gives relevant syntax exception when properties are entered in MATCH
Get Neo4j 1.8.RC1
Neo4j 1.8.RC1 is available for: