VoltDB v3.2 has been released and can be downloaded here: http://voltdb.com/community/downloads.php
- Enhanced Support for Live Schema Updates
- Improved Performance and Resilience of Catalog Updates
- New Return Status for Snapshot Restore
- hange to the Default Heartbeat Timeout
The following issues have been fixed:
- Automated snapshots and node failure
It was possible for automated snapshots to silently stop occurring after a node failed and rejoined the cluster. This did not happen all the time, but could not be corrected without restarting the cluster. This issue has been corrected.
- The sqlcmd command and stored procedure names
Previously, the sqlcmd command line tool could not invoke a stored procedure if the procedure name started with a SQL statement keyword, such as “select” or “delete”. This issue has been corrected.
- Enterprise Manager fails to recognize cluster changes
In recent versions of VoltDB, it was possible for the Enterprise Manager to start a database cluster but not recognize when the database completed startup. Similarly, if a node failed to rejoin or a recover operation did not complete the Enterprise Manager might not recognize these conditions. The symptom in all cases was that the database or server icon would not stop “spinning” in the Enterprise Manager control panel. These issues are now fixed.