Redis 3.0.0 Beta 1 (version 2.9.50) is out.
Release date: 11 Feb 2014
This is the first beta of Redis 3.0.0 (official version is 2.8.50).
The following is a list of improvements in Redis 3.0, compared to Redis 2.8.
- [NEW] Redis Cluster: a distributed implementation of a subset of Redis.
- [NEW] New “embedded string” object encoding resulting in less cache misses. Big speed gain under certain work loads.
- [NEW] WAIT command to block waiting for a write to be transmitted to the specified number of slaves.
- [NEW] MIGRATE connection caching. Much faster keys migraitons.
- [NEW] MIGARTE new options COPY and REPLACE.
- [NEW] CLIENT PAUSE command: stop processing client requests for a specified amount of time.