A notice on the FoundationDB site notes that it’s no longer offering downloads of its database software. Financial terms of the deal were not available. CEO David Rosenthal was previously VP of Engineering at Omniture and co-founded the company with COO Nick Lavezzo and Dave Scherer in 2009.
“Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans,” said Apple, in response to an inquiry about the company. FoundationDB has not responded to a request for comment.
FoundationDB had raised $22.7 million in two rounds from SV Angel, Sutter Hill and CrunchFund.
Few figures about data generated through social media:
- People send more than 144.8 billion Email messages sent a day.
- People and brands on Twitter send more than 340 million tweets a day.
- People on Facebook share more than 684,000 bits of content a day.
- People upload 72 hours (259,200 seconds) of new video to YouTube a minute.
- Consumers spend $272,000 on Web shopping a day.
- Google receives over 2 million search queries a minute.
- Apple receives around 47,000 app downloads a minute.
- Brands receive more than 34,000 Facebook ‘likes’a minute.
- Tumblr blog owners publish 27,000 new posts a minute.
- Instagram photographers share 3,600 new photos a minute.
- Flickr photographers upload 3,125 new photos a minute.
- People perform over 2,000 Foursquare check-ins a minute.
- Individuals and organizations launch 571 new websites a minute.
- WordPress bloggers publish close to 350 new blog posts a minute.
- The Mobile Web receives 217 new participants a minute.
(The most updated numbers are available from the sites themselves.)