Cascading is a Java application framework that enables typical developers to quickly and easily develop rich Data Analytics and Data Management applications that can be deployed and managed across a variety of computing environments. Cascading works seamlessly with Apache Hadoop 1.0 and API compatible distributions.
Cascading 2.0 is now publicly available for download. This release includes a number of new features.
- Apache 2.0 Licensing
- Support for Hadoop 1.0.2
- Local and Hadoop planner modes, where local runs in memory without Hadoop dependencies
- HashJoin pipe for “map side joins”
- Merge pipe for “map side merges”
- Simple Checkpointing for capturing intermediate data as a file
- Improved Tap and Scheme APIs