Trendiction Hiring Search Specialist:
Trendiction is a growing web data collector company which crawls, analyzes, indexes and stores the content of news sites, blogs, message boards and other social media, in order to make this data available to our clients in a structured format.
Our clients are market research companies, analytic companies, and generally anyone who needs access to high quality social media data.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trendiction.de/w/product
We are extending our developer team by 3 or more developers. This job offer is for a permanent position at our offices at the Technoport in Esch-Sur-Alzette, Luxembourg.
Requirements and Experience:
* Good algorithm & data structure knowledge (e.g. http://www.amazon.de/Algorithmen-Datenstrukturen-Thomas-Ottmann/dp/3827410290)
* Very strong information retrieval knowledge (tf-idf, lucene, stemming, faceted search, …)
* Ability (and appreciation) for working in a small company/startup environment.
* University background (Bachelor or Master degree in computer sciences or related fields)
You should be creative, self-motivated, be able to write quick prototypes, try things out on your own and simply get things done.
A plus if you have experience setting up automated build tools and test tools, or are a java expert.
Preferentially, you have developed/designed/run a large scale search cluster in production.
* Improve/redesign current search engine (in terms of retrieval speed, indexation speed, quantity of indexed data and reliability)
* Add new features (language dependent search, statistics, ability to access more metadata, faceted search, …)
What we provide:
* Work on interesting problems/features/products involving large datasets.
* Write production code for large scale application tools like apache hadoop, cassandra, hbase, zookeeper running on over 50 servers, and processing terabytes of data each day.
* Work in a team of ETH Zurich, Harvard and TU Munich graduates.
* Start-up atmosphere and environment: actively take part in the development of the company.
Thibaut Britz – CTO
+352 20 33 35 31
66, rue de Luxembourg